National Institute for Leadership Advancement
We take leadership development seriously here at SHPE. Our national impact is only possible because of our chapter membership model. And this model is wholly dependent on the tenacity and strength of local chapter leaders. They are the key to our success, and we are committed to seeing them thrive.
A select event for chapter leaders only, the National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA) prepares chapter leaders to springboard into the year, helping them align their plans with SHPE’s mission and goals. It is developed specifically to learn best practices for running a successful chapter and for executing national objectives at a local level.
And while the programming is deliberate and vigorous, we promise there will be plenty of fun too! You’ll make unforgettable members and lifelong friends. Work hard, play hard.
- Learning how to be an effective SHPE chapter leader from experienced, successful colleagues
- Gaining a better understanding of SHPE’s mission, vision, and operations
- Building up your network of supportive friends, contacts, and mentors in STEM
- Being empowered to embrace your leadership role with SHPE
- Enjoying a safe space to grow your networking and communication skills
If you would like more details about attending NILA, email [email protected].