TOP 10 List – WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN SHPE
- Broaden your knowledge: SHPE offers access to webinars, workshops and lectures to keep our members up to date on the latest industry innovations, research and trends. Staying informed on the latest industry trends will only help you in the long run and will put you one step ahead of the competition!
- Take charge of your career: Take advantage of SHPE’s exclusive online career center. This is a great way to find targeted job postings for your area of industry and land that dream job.
- Build a better resume: SHPE’s career resources provide tips on effective resumes or cover letter writing. Listing your SHPE membership on your resume is impressive to current or future employers as it shows that you are dedicated to staying connected in your profession.
- Enhance your network: We all know that networking is key for the movers and shakers of the community! Making connections is critical, and joining SHPE gives countless opportunities to connect on a local, regional, and national level. Creating professional relationships is important, and joining SHPE allows you to have a sense of security and trust. From this, you are able to support and help one another in reaching your professional goals.
- Be a Leader: SHPE gives you an opportunity to develop your skills as a leader, and this is important not only for your personal growth, but for your professional growth.
- Become a mentor: Giving back can be the greatest reward and benefit. Participating in forums, panels, chat groups or our MentorSHPE program is also a great way to grow your network. This allows you to use your peers as sounding boards and make some great friends with the same interests as you.
- Make a new friend: Once we graduate from school, we all know how hard it is to get out and meet new people and make a new friend! Use SHPE’s Familia as an opportunity to escape the norm and meet new people that may give you a reason to come out of your shell a bit more and have fun.
- Give back to the community: SHPE’s pre-college program provides college students and professionals an opportunity to engage and impact their local community. Check out SHPE’s Noches de Ciencias program on ways to volunteer, give back, and enhance your community today.
- Strength in Numbers: We live in a day and age where establishing a presence in any given career field often demands working long hours in the office and bringing work home when the doors close. At the end of the day, you may have ideas for cultivating partnerships, yet not feel up to shouldering all the responsibility to organize them. In a SHPE chapter, you have access to an established support system of experienced people who are motivated to get things done.
- Stay Inspired and Stay Motivated: Learn to love what you do! You may not even know that you love something, but it’s important to be proactive about things you discover on your career journey in STEM. Join SHPE and discover something new TODAY!
2017-18 MEMBERSHIP BREAKDOWN
Total Members — 10,472
Student Members — 8,487
Professional Members — 1,985
Total Active Chapters — 230
Student Chapters — 186
Professional Chapters — 44
Member Count By Region:
Region 1: 1073
Region 2: 1498
Region 3: 437
Region 4: 2096
Region 5: 2138
Region 6: 1350
Region 7: 1880
Starting Spring 2018, all members must submit a graduation stole order request individually in place of a chapter bulk order.
Active Chapter Count By Region:
Region 1: 28
Region 2: 33
Region 3: 18
Region 4: 51
Region 5: 37
Region 6: 39
Region 7: 24
Stole Order Deadlines
Fall Graduation Orders open October 10th
(Order Deadline: November 10th)