RLDC Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the Time Committment Form Document?
Where can I find the University Outreach Letter Template?
Where can I find the RLDC Proposal template?
The RLDC proposal template can be found in the RLDC Program Guidelines. Please refer to the template found on page 18 of the RLDC Program Guidelines.
How do I know if my chapter qualifies to host?
A professional chapter is eligible to host an RLDC when they meet the following requirements:
- Active Chapter within the past 2 fiscal years (An active chapter is defined by having 10 or more members who are up to date on their membership dues)
- Attended NILA in the last year or will be attending in proposal year
- RLDC Chair will be a non- Executive Board Member
- Proximity to partnering student chapter must be 50 miles or less
- Submission of time commitment acknowledgement form
Can a chapter host RLDC two years in a row?
- A chapter is eligible to host two consecutive years however they still need to go through the RLDC Proposal Submission process. There will be no preference given to chapters who previously hosted.
What is the first step? Where do we begin?
- The first step for a professional chapter is to partner with a student chapter to identify RLDC chairs.
- Research general internet hotel and vendor rates (without contacting hotels and vendors directly) to start assembling base budget.
- Ask student hosting chapter to acquire University Outreach Letter as proof of support from school or College of Engineering.
- Complete required supported documents as indicated on RLDC Proposal website.
- Once completed, submit proposal through www.shpe.org/rldcproposal.
How do I submit the completed RLDC proposal?
- In order to submit your RLDC proposal please use the form below
What happens after I submit?
- After the completed proposal, along with required supporting documents, is submitted you will receive an auto-reply confirmation email. SHPE National staff and respective Regional Leadership carefully review and grade the proposals based on the grading rubric found in the Program Guidelines. RLDC Hosts are chosen and announced on July 1st.
What if there is not a SHPE professional chapter near us?
What kind of support can my University provide?
- Your University or College of Engineering can serve as a partner in fundraising, logistics and guidance as you plan your RLDC.
My chapter did not attend NILA last summer. Are we still eligible to submit a proposal?
- Yes, your chapter must have attended NILA in the two years prior to your RLDC start date. For example, if you are submitting a proposal for 2017, your chapter must have attended in 2015 or will attend in 2016.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
In order to submit your RLDC proposal please use the form below: